Saturday, July 17, 2010

D2D & Double Delights

Hi! Here's my card for the D2D & Double Delights challenges this week. I've never made a card with a chicken on it, but I really like how this turned out. It's simple and could be used for a variety of occasions! You can see in the picture that I cut out a second chicken and "popped" him up (which is this week's challenge at Double Delights). The dp I used is by Karen Foster, the image, of course, is from Designed 2 Delight, flowers by Prima & rhinestones by Kaiserkraft. I also used yellow stickles in the scallops of the circle I cut with nestabilities. The brad is from some that I've had forever and I don't know where I got them.

So, don't forget to join in the fun at D2D and Double Delights! You'll be so glad you joined them!
Blessings!
~H

5 comments:

peggysue said...

Never made a chicken card? Why, I think its a natural for you!! I would make more of them! And this chicken has 3-D qualities that make it that much more endearing . . . although she does look a bit confused . . . is she going to lay an egg or did she lose hers! There is a story here . . . and one cute card!

Kathy said...

Love the chicken popped up, so cute, gives him so much dimension. The checkered background paper looks good with him, too. Great card!

Kristine said...

*Ü* LOVE IT Helen!! I can tell it's popped up and looks awesome. Your checkered bg is perfect with this chicken! Cute, Cute! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Double Delight! *Ü*

Faith S. said...

That paper is perfect!! And I love your coloing. What a great card!

Kathy W. said...

Oh This is so cute Helen. Great job on your coloring and the layout and dp is awsome. Thanks for playing with us.