Thursday, October 22, 2009

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

As you all know October is breast cancer awareness month. What you probably don't know yet is that my mother had it twice and my grandmother had it once. By the grace of God, they both survived through those trials! So, I wanted to make a card for my mom, just to let her know I was thinking about her and that I love her. My Stampin Sisters in Christ DT sister, Lisa, sent us this Whimsie Doodles link today for the most adorable digital stamp ever, and they are giving it away free through tomorrow! I've decided to name this girl "Ali" after my mom (her name is Alice) They've got some adorable stuff over there, so go check them out!

Now, back to the card! I'm in love with it and I'm not sure that I'm going to actually be able to part with it, so I might have to make a couple more just like it!

I found some brown with pink polka dot dp by The Paper Studios laying around as well as some pink cardstock that I have no idea where it came from. I also had this roll of pink ribbon with white polka dots on it, just sitting here screaming at me! I used some punches to cut out the sentiment and the pink behind it then used stickles to add glitter to the flowers in the "dew rag" and on her shirt and shoes. I used some liquid pearls around the pink "flower" behind the sentiment. The button is by Bo Bunny, and it was plain, so I added some dots to it. The sentiment on the bottom of the card is by Kolette Hall and the ribbon I stamped on pink paper is by River City Rubber Works.


I hope you enjoy this card as much as I do!

Blessings!
~H

5 comments:

DawnMarie said...

Hi Helen. What a fab card, this image is so cute. Love the colours you have used. So glad your mum & grandmother beat this terrible disease that has stolen too many good people. Have a great weekend. Dawn Marie.xx

Kristie O'Keeffe said...

Oh my gosh! That is adorable! Your mom will love it! I certainly do!

Kristine said...

This turned out soo CUTE Helen! You CAN'T KEEP IT!! LOL - your mom will really love it I'm sure :) Great job with the colors too! :) Hugs!!

Davi said...

What a cute card and Im sure will be so meaningful to your mom. Love the colors. Although your StampinSistersinChrist isnt posted yet just wanted to say its really cute also. Very feminine and fun a great encourager!

Candace said...

I love your card! It turned out so cute. I used this image on a card, too...it is just perfect for this month.