Friday, August 14, 2009

Tri-Shutter Card...

I've wanted to make one of these cards since the first time I saw one and thanks to my good friend, Kristine, I was able to find out HOW to make one! I can't wait till I have a little more free time (hopefully next week-end!) to get more creative. Here's what I came up with late last night:


This was really easy to cut & score (would be easier if you had a scor-pal! --hint to my husband since my birthday is just a couple weeks away!lol) If you got to Kristine's blog, she has a link to another blog where you can find the instructions for making this awesome card. Thanks, Kris, for linking to that so we could learn how to make these! Here's the link to Kristine's blog that show's the "Splashin" card she made using this pattern.
Look in her post for "different tutorial" and click on that for the instructions to make this card.

I'm sending this card to an unsuspecting friend and putting some Magnolia & Bella images in it for her. I don't know if she has any Tilda's or Bella's because I've never seen her work, but I know she's into Stampin' Up, so I wanted to "share the fun"!


I also made this card this week:



I put some goodies in it for a friend and will be mailing it today!
I love giving little "happies" to people! :)
I feel like I've been lacking in the creativity area lately, but after making the cards above, I think I'm back! Maybe I'll get started on Christmas cards next week...wish me luck!
Have a blessed day!
~H
OH! I almost forgot to tell you what has been keeping me so busy! I also enjoy designing things on the computer, like for weddings & other events. So my boss' daughter asked me to make something to insert into her invitations, and she liked my work so much, that I got to design her Thank You cards and the Programs for her wedding! They are very simple, but pretty. I am also making her a stationary set that kind of matches the things we made for her wedding. I worked with a great printer in town to get the paper she wanted and some printing and cutting for a great price. It looks like I might finally be able to start venturing out to do more of what I love so much and I'm excited about the possibilites the future holds for me & my "creative jeans" I'll put pictures up later this week-end of the stuff for her wedding. Later!

1 comment:

Kristine said...

:) OH WOW Helen, I love BOTH of these!! Aren't those shutter ones FUN?!! :) Sooo cute! Love your new Magnolias too ;p